I’m excited to have discovered the #1kHustle challenge, hosted by the Butler Journal and Sophisticated Spender. The challenge is to earn $1,000 from side hustles from October 3rd through November 4th.
I’m a firm believer in planning and spreadsheets – so here are my hopes, dreams, and goals for these next 5 weeks:
Goal #1: Etsy
When I get busy at work, my Etsy shop suffers – so for this challenge, I’m going to prioritize my shop to increase my income.
- Promote fall products on social media regularly.
- Review previous sales and do a clearance event on low selling products.
- Create 2 new products to add to inventory.
Goal #2: Survey Sites
I have a couple of favorites that I will share in the coming weeks, and I plan to explore some new ones as well.
- Use survey sites while watching TV/relaxing.
- Find new survey sites to add to the rotation.
Goal #3: Blog
Of course I am already blogging – but I have some big plans for content in October that I’m excited about, and I’m ready to take some steps toward making my blog more “official.”
- Move to self-hosting.
- Explore using affiliate links and advertising.
- Focus more time on promotion and creating new content.
- Publish #1kHustle updates weekly with progress.
Goal #4: Poshmark
Poshmark is an app I have been using over the past few weeks to clear out items in my wardrobe that I don’t wear – so far I’ve made over $300. If you’re interested in signing up, use code NJMYJ to get $5.
- Use price modification and sharing listings to clear out current inventory.
- Do a closet cleanout to identify new things I can part with.
- Try flipping items from thrift stores.
I’m looking forward to this challenge and to updating you all! Is anyone else doing the #1kHustle?